- Premier aged care residence
- Exceptional working environment
- Cash loyalty service awards
- Staff recognition and awards
- Shopping Discount Program
- Regular in-house and online training and education
- Career development with mentoring and promotion of staff from within
- Engaging team environment and respectful workplace culture
Cranbrook Care is looking for a Property Maintenance Assistant to join the team at our state of the art aged care residence, Bayswater Gardens located in Abbotsford in Sydney Inner West.
Opened in early 2017, Bayswater Gardens redefines residential aged care in the inner west. This carefully considered modern residence offers all of the comforts of home, in an elegant, architecturally designed and very personalised environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a full-time Property Maintenance Assistant, you will work with the Property Services Manager to ensure the presentation of a well-maintained environment that maximises safety and minimises risks for residents, visitors, and staff at Bayswater Gardens. You will be part of a team that is effective, capable, and thriving in their work.
Hours are Monday - Friday but occassionally ou may be required to assist at other times.
- Facilitate the delivery of the Maintenance Program, completing work yourself and working with external contractors were required.
- Maintain the internal and external building of the facility in a manner that ensures safety and aesthetics.
- Be the go-to person to fix various things which will improve the resident experience, and perform preventive maintenance and repair on the property.
- Repairs range from patching and painting to fixing equipment and troubleshooting issues along with responding to more urgent requests for general repairs.
- Be able to learn our internal systems and programs to assist as required.
- Proactive maintenance will be a priority.
This job will suit a handyman preferably with experience in the building, repair or maintenance industry.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in maintenance of buildings, equipment, and grounds
- Ability to perform quality patching and painting of walls
- Ability to perform repairs on furniture, fittings, and equipment
- Troubleshoot issues as and when they arise
- Knowledge of handling and storage of chemicals
- Driver’s licence required.
To succeed in this role, you will need the following attributes
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Demonstrates a high level of ability in taking responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates a high level of sensitivity in dealings with key stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise work according to strict guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrates a high level of motivation and initiative.
- Must be well presented and approachable.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Live the Cranbrook Care culture and work according to Cranbrook Care values
Cranbrook Care aims to be the premier provider of quality residences, care and lifestyle services.
In meeting our vision, we strive for exceptional wellbeing for our residents, physical and emotional security, and excellence in our built environment and service.
We believe that our residents deserve the best and we are constantly striving to provide the highest service excellence to them and their families.
We are also dedicated to ensuring our staff work in an engaging and respectful workplace that supports growth and learning.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be part of a team where everyone works together as a team to fulfill our vision, then we want to hear from you!
We are not requesting a copy of your resume at this stage.
Please complete the requested work history and education information on the application page (you are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section) and we will respond.
Applicants must supply a current National Police Certificate or be willing to complete a criminal history check before offer of employment.
No recruitment agencies please.