- Premier aged care residence
- Exceptional working environment
- Cash loyalty service awards
- Staff recognition and awards
- Retail discounts - Reward Gateway
- Regular in-house and online training and education
- Career development with mentoring and promotion of staff from within
- Engaging team environment and respectful workplace culture
Cranbrook Care is looking for a Property Maintenance Officer to join the team at our multi award winning architecturally designed aged care residence, Lansdowne Gardens, located in Neutral Bay (Sydney lower North Shore).
Lansdowne Gardens, with the luxury and warmth of a stately home overlooking Sydney Harbour, sets a new standard in residential aged care. It is an Extra Service facility and thereby provides additional ‘hotel’ type services or lifestyle extras, including higher standards of accommodation and increased activities, entertainment and food choices.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a a full-time Property Maintenance Officer you will ensure the presentation of a well-maintained environment which maximises safety and minimises risks for residents, visitors and staff at Lansdowne Gardens. You will be part of a team that is effective, capable and thriving in their work.
You will usually work Monday to Friday howeber there may be occassison that will require you to assist at other times.
- Oversee the management and delivery of the Maintenance program, completing works yourself and working with external contractors.
- Maintain high standards for both the internal and external areas of the residence at all times.
- Be the go to person for repairs ranging from minor patching and painting to minor repairs and maintenence of equipment.
- Provide initial troubleshooting of both urgent and non urgent issues
- Be able to learn our internal systems and programs to assist as required
- Proactive maintenance will be a priority.
This job will suit a tradesman / handyman preferably with experience in the building, repair and maintenance industry.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in the delivery and monitoring of a property maintenance program
- Experience in maintenance of building, equipment and grounds
- Ability to patch and paint, or a willlingness to learn
- Solid IT skills for communication and planning purposes
- Ability to motivate and supervise other property services staff
- Experience maintaining relationship with and managing external contractors
- Ability to perform repairs on furniture, fittings and equipment
- Knowledge of handling and storage of chemicals
- Experience of property maintenance in aged care desirable but not essential
- LR Drivers licence preferred
To succeed in this role, you will need the following attributes:
- Demonstrates a high level of ability in taking responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates a high level of sensitivity in dealings with key stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise work according to strict guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrates high level of motivation and initiative.
- Must be well presented and approachable.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Live the Cranbrook Care culture and work according to Cranbrook Care values
Cranbrook Care aims to be the premier provider of quality residences, care and lifestyle services.
In meeting our vision, we strive for exceptional wellbeing for our residents, physical and emotional security, and excellence in our built environment and service.
We believe that our residents deserve the best and we are constantly striving to provide the highest service excellence to them and their families.
We are also dedicated to ensuring our staff work in an engaging and respectful workplace that supports growth and learning.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be part of a team where everyone works together as a team to fulfill our vision, then we want to hear from you!
Please complete the requested work history and education information on the application page (you are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section) and we will respond.
Applicants must supply a current National Police Certificate or be willing to complete a criminal history check and be Covid-19 vaccinated before offer of employment.
No recruitment agencies please.