- Premier aged care residence
- Exceptional working environment
- Staff recognition and awards
- Shopping discounts - Reward Gateway
- Online and face-to-face training and development
- We support growth and are keen to grow our team from within
- Be part of a team in an engaging and respectful workplace
Cranbrook Care is looking for a Cook to join the team in our award-winning residential aged care facility, Bella Vista Gardens, located in Sydney Hills District.
Bella Vista Gardens is a carefully considered modern residence that offers all of the comforts of home, in an elegant, architecturally designed and very personalised environment. It is an Extra Service facility and thereby provides additional ‘hotel’ type services or lifestyle extras, including higher standards of accommodation and increased activities, entertainment, and food choices.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Cook, you will be a part of a cohesive, dynamic team, dedicated to providing the best level of service and care to our residents. You will be part of a team that is effective, capable, and thriving in their work. Under the instruction of the Executive Chef, you will play a key role in the delivery of all food and allied services within the residence cooking and serving meals for up to 140 residents daily.
Bella Vista operates 365 days a year. You will be working shifts across the hours of 6am - 6pm across a 7 day roster. currently looking to take on staff available for a minimum of 3 days (Tues, Wed,Thur). Extra shifts can be picked up through on-line shift offers.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Preparation and presentation of food in accordance with menus designed by the
Executive Chef, resident needs and preferences, and Cranbrook Care standards of food quality and presentation.
- Comply with the Cranbrook Care Food Safety Program at all times.
- Know and understand Cranbrook Care’s responsibilities with respect to kitchen and food services under the Aged Care Act 1997 and the Aged Care Quality Standards 2019, including residents’ rights and accreditation requirements.
- Deliver food services to be compliant and maintain accreditation at all times
- Contribute to the kitchen team through the delivery of high-quality and timely outputs, treating other team members with care and respect, and continuously improving your own skills and capabilities to enhance team performance
- Live the Cranbrook Care culture and work according to the Cranbrook Care values
We are seeking a Cook who:
- Is committed to delivering an exceptional level of service;
- Has experience in preparing traditional style cuisine and is able to follow standard recipes;
- Is responsive to the changes to the dietary requirements of residents;
- Is able to work independently and under instruction as part of a team;
- Will most likely come from aged care, hospital, or hospitality background and be familiar with the nature of a large-scale commercial kitchen.
You have a kind and compassionate nature with the ability to deal with sensitive issues in a professional, respectful and caring manner. You are an excellent communicator with second-to-none customer service skills. If you love working with people, are a quick learner, and pride yourself on getting things done right the first time, then this role is for you!
To succeed in this role, you will need the following skills and attributes:
Skills & Qualifications
- Be familiar with all regulatory compliance and food safety associated with cooking for vulnerable persons;
- Have experience in baking and dessert preparation (desirable, but not essential);
- Have strong communication and computer literacy skills;
- Have a Food Safety Supervisor’s Certificate or equivalent;
- Have a valid driver’s licence;
- Be up to date with Covid-19 vaccinations.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and a responsible approach to work procedures
- Ability to work under limited supervision, follow procedures, and complete set tasks to an appropriate quality standard
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Possess a ‘can do’ attitude
- Will own and be fully accountable to deliver high-quality work
- Enjoys working in teams and is prepared to actively support team members and the broader Cranbrook Care community
- Commitment to delivering an exceptional level of service
Cranbrook Care aims to be the premier provider of quality residences, care and lifestyle services.
In meeting our vision, we strive for exceptional wellbeing for our residents, physical and emotional security and excellence in both our built environment and our service.
Essential to this is food services: delicious, fresh food is integral to an enjoyable and healthy lifestyle. We are also dedicated to ensuring our staff work in an engaging and respectful workplace that supports growth and learning.
We believe that our residents deserve the best and we are constantly striving to provide the highest service excellence to them and their families.
We are also dedicated to ensuring our staff work in an engaging and respectful workplace that supports growth and learning.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the requested work history & education information on the application page (you are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section) and we will be in touch!
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be part of a team where everyone works together to fulfill our vision, we want to hear from you!
Applicants must supply a current National Police Certificate or be willing to complete a criminal history check and be Covid-19 vaccinated before offer of employment.
No recruitment agencies please.