- Premier aged care residence
- Exceptional working environment
- Staff recognition and awards
- Cash loyalty service awards
- Staff discount program
- Online and face-to-face training and development
- We support growth and are keen to grow our team from within
- Be part of a team in an engaging and respectful workplace
An great opportunity is available for a creative and caring Leisure & Lifestyle Officer to join the team at our premier aged care residence, William Cape Gardens located near the Pacific Highway at Kanwal, a suburb of Wyong on the NSW Central Coast.
William Cape Gardens is a newly-renovated aged care residence catering to local residents of the Central Coast, providing the full spectrum of care and services including Dementia Care, Palliative Care and Respite Care.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our continuing growth provides an opportunity for Leisure & Lifestyle Officers with Dementia experience. In this role, you will assist in the organisation and implementation of leisure and lifestyle activities for residents, with the view to:
- Improving the quality of life for residents
- Obtaining the involvement of families, carers and friends into everyday life for residents
- Integrating William Cape Gardens into the wider local community
Hours are 9.00am - 5.00pm, across a 7 day roster. Part time applicants will be considered.
As a Leisure & Lifestyle Officer, you will report to the Leisure & Lifestyle Co-ordinator and be a part of a cohesive, dynamic team, dedicated to providing the best level of service and care to our residents.
You will be:
- experienced, creative and energetic
- committed to delivering an exceptional level of customer service throughout all your duties with demonstrated knowledge and skills in contemporary diversionary therapy services as well as being experienced in working with people who have dementia,
- able to work autonomously and as part of a team with highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
To succeed in this role, you will need the following skills and attributes:
- Commitment to delivering an exceptional level of service
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in contemporary aged care services
- Sound understanding and commitment to person-centred care
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with regulatory compliance and quality improvement ideal
- Certificate IV in Leisure & Lifestyle or Cert III or IV in Individual Support (Aged Care).
- Aged care experience is required, preferably in Leisure & Lifestyle.
Cranbrook Care aims to be the premier provider of quality residences, care and lifestyle services.
In meeting our vision, we strive for exceptional wellbeing for our residents, physical and emotional security and excellence in our built environment and service.
We believe that our residents deserve the best and we are constantly striving to provide the highest service excellence to them and their families.
We are also dedicated to ensuring our staff work in an engaging and respectful workplace that supports growth and learning.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be part of a team where everyone works together as a team to fulfill our vision, then we want to hear from you!
Please complete the requested work history and education information on the application page (you are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section) and we will respond.
Applicants must supply a current National Police Certificate or be willing to complete a criminal history check before offer of employment.
No recruitment agencies please.