- Premier aged care residence
- Exceptional working environment
- Staff recognition and awards
- Cash loyalty service awards
- Staff discount program
- Online and face-to-face training and development
- We support growth and are keen to grow our team from within
- Be part of a team in an engaging and respectful workplace
- Multiple part-time positions and flexible shifts are available
Cranbrook Care is looking for a Kitchenhand to join the team at our multi-award-winning architecturally designed aged care residence, Lansdowne Gardens, in Neutral Bay (Sydney lower North Shore).
Lansdowne Gardens, with the luxury and warmth of a stately home overlooking Sydney Harbour, sets a new standard in residential aged care. It is an Extra Service facility and thereby provides additional ‘hotel’ type services or lifestyle extras, including higher standards of accommodation and increased activities, entertainment, and food choices.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Kitchenhand, you will be a part of a cohesive, dynamic team, dedicated to providing the best level of service and care to our residents. You will be part of a team that is effective, capable, and thriving in their work.
We are looking for people who will:
- Be able to work Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 8am – 4pm with additional shifts possible
- Contribute to the kitchen team through the delivery of high quality and timely output, treating other team members with care and respect, and continuously improving own skills and capabilities to enhance team performance.
- Perform general kitchen and cleaning duties as outlined in the Duties List for each shift.
- Ensure duties are performed in a timely manner to Cranbrook Care's quality expectations
- Comply with the Cranbrook Care Food Safety Program
- Live the Cranbrook Care culture and work according to Cranbrook Care values
Regular shifts across 7.00am to 8.00pm. The facility operates 7 days a week, 365 days a year with shifts including mornings, evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
Casual roles may lead to permanent part-time opportunities for the right people.
You will most likely come from aged care, hospital, or hospitality background and be familiar with the nature of a large-scale commercial kitchen.
You have a kind and compassionate nature with the ability to deal with sensitive issues in a professional, respectful and caring manner. You are an excellent communicator with second-to-none customer service skills. If you love working with people, are a quick learner, and pride yourself on getting things done right the first time, then this role is for you!
To succeed in this role, you will need the following skills and attributes:
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in working in a team environment
- Fluent in English and literate in English
- Experience working in a fast-paced food service operation
- Previous experience in the health industry is desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of infection control are desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of Work, Health & Safety Legislation are desirable
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and a responsible approach to work procedures
- Ability to work under limited supervision, follow procedures, and complete set tasks to an appropriate quality standard
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Will own and be fully accountable to deliver high-quality work
- Enjoys working in teams and is prepared to actively support team members and the broader Cranbrook Care community
- Commitment to delivering an exceptional level of service
Cranbrook Care aims to be the premier provider of quality residences, care and lifestyle services.
In meeting our vision, we strive for exceptional wellbeing for our residents, physical and emotional security and excellence in both our built environment and our service.
Essential to this is food services: delicious, fresh food is integral to an enjoyable and healthy lifestyle. We are also dedicated to ensuring our staff work in an engaging and respectful workplace that supports growth and learning.
We believe that our residents deserve the best and we are constantly striving to provide the highest service excellence to them and their families.
We are also dedicated to ensuring our staff work in an engaging and respectful workplace that supports growth and learning.
HOW TO APPLY
We are not requesting a copy of your resume at this stage, so please complete the requested work history & education information on the application page (you are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section) and we will be in touch!
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be part of a team where everyone works together to fulfill our vision, we want to hear from you!
Applicants must supply a current National Police Certificate or be willing to complete a criminal history check before offer of employment.
No recruitment agencies please.